Thursday, October 10, 2013

Evaluation

     I thought today I could do something different.  Of course, we know the regular, black and white blog posts.  And you know, blog after blog, that they can get a little, well... boring.This blog is now going to be informational, educational, and....COLORFUL! Oh, and a "Paige's Physics Joke of the Week!"  is going to be posted soon!  
     Self Evaluation
     I will just say some thoughts I have been having.  I used to participate a lot in the first few weeks of physics class, but have not recently.  The reason is there are some dominant voices in the room, so it is hard to get a question or comment in when someone else asked it right before you (which actually happened to me a lot) or I felt things were being repeated. I understood the concept discussed and did not really understand why we were discussing the same exact thing over and over! I know after self evaluating that I can improve on getting my opinion in quicker, and be a more involved student in group discussions.
Group Discussion
     During the group discussions, I did learn different ideas.  As a whole, I feel that it was chaotic at times, and so many ideas were being presented that it was hard to keep track of what was agreed as an idea the majority thinks is right.  I do agree that there was a lot of improvement between first and today's discussion.  I think the class is learning to listen, learn, and think more in depth.  I wish there were more table discussions.  I feel it is easier to listen to different ideas, think together to figure out a problem, and I feel it is easier for me, and for other students, to participate.  I also feel they are more efficient.  I do think class discussions are necessary, but I wish there were more table discussions.
Final Ideas
     These past 5 weeks have already effected me for the better.  Theatre has taught me to be more open to people or let my voice heard more. Debate has helped that too, but also my opinion and speaking more.  Physics has even helped me with discussing with other people, looking at graphs or equations from a different viewpoint, and just learning in a different way then I ever have.  I think that this was just a reminder of what I have been through, what I have to face, and where I am going through the next 4 years.
                                       Here are some fun websites if you get bored... sorry if you are.
(**ATTENTION! CHECK THE WEBSITE ABOVE OUT! ITS AWESOME IF YOU WANT YOUR BRAIN TO HURT!)

Check out the video above! Only 4 minutes long!

No comments:

Post a Comment